Open Container Initiative
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Open Container Initiative (OCI) is a Linux Foundation project, started in June 2015 by Docker, to design open standards for operating-system-level virtualization (software containers), most importantly Linux containers.
There are currently two specifications in development and in use: Runtime Specification (runtime-spec) and the Image Specification (image-spec).
OCI develops runc, a container runtime that implements their specification and serves as a basis for other higher-level tools. runC was first released in July 2015 as version 0.0.1.
- ^ https://opencontainers.org/
- ^ "Open Container Initiative Finds Footing In Linux Foundation". InformationWeek. 8 December 2015. Retrieved 2020-01-15.
- ^ "opencontainers/runc: CLI tool for spawning and running containers according to the OCI specification". GitHub. Retrieved 2020-01-15.
- ^ opencontainers. "runc/runc.8.md at master · opencontainers/runc · GitHub". Github.com. Retrieved 2020-01-15.
- ^ opencontainers (2015-07-16). "Release v0.0.1: runc/libcontainer release · opencontainers/runc · GitHub". Github.com. Retrieved 2020-01-15.